Monday, March 5, 2018

Tblisi, Georgia

Feeling a little bit under the weather today, I had a wisdom tooth taken out and the left side of my face has ballooned up to twice is size.   I am glad it is gone as it  had been bothering me for a while.  I checked with a dentist in the US, and they wanted $800 to remove it, so I delayed. The tooth finally popped (not sure of the technical term, but I yawned and pain shot through it and never left), and the pain became more than I wanted to deal with.  I went to see a dentist here in Tblisi, he concurred that it would have to be removed, and then apologized as it would be a very expensive procedure.  Total price, $81, 1/10th of the US.  But considering the average Georgian only makes $410 a month, it is pretty steep. 

Many of the services here are very inexpensive, and the country advertises these services as tourism.  Dental tourism, tattoo tourism, wine tourism, spa tourism, etc, can all be had for about 10-20% of the price in the US.  Not sure if I would get a dental implant here, but pulling a tooth is pretty basic.
Peace Bridge

Tbilisi Creek

Presidential Palace

I just applied for my visa to Azerbaijan,.  The process is quite easy, it is basically a $20 charge, and they email the visa.  The timing for my visit to the country is not perfect, apparently it is the Novruz (Arabic for new year) holiday in the country as well as Iran.  Since partying in Iran is strictly prohibited, many of their citizens road trip north for their version of Spring Break.  So, it will be agnostic Ken, and a bunch of Shia Muslims there to get their yayas out.  This should be interesting. I still have a couple of weeks left in Georgia, so I will cross that bridge when I get to there.   

Stage Distance: 0 mi (0 km) 
Total Distance Traveled by Motorcycle: 23,677 mi (38,189 km) 
Countries/Territories Visited: USA, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Uruguay, Canada, Portugal, Spain, MoroccoGibraltar, France, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, San Marino, Slovenia, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine, Transnistria, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey, Georgia


No comments:

Post a Comment