Friday, December 13, 2019

USA: San Francisco, California to Houston, Texas

Well, things are almost coming to an end. This will be my second to last post, and upon entering Houston, I have completely circumnavigated the planet.  The only thing left in the trip is to ride to Florida, my starting spot.  This becomes a tricky part of the trip as I so not want to be the guy who makes it around the world without a crash just to upset the feat a couple of miles from my driveway (insert red-faced emoji here)
 
The ride across the US in the winter has been at times beautiful and inspiring, and at other times wet. cold. and miserable.  Thankfully, the good has far outweighed the wet  I had last driven across the south western portion of the Country when I was just a kid, and my primary memories center around fighting with my brothers and driving my parents crazy, this time I enjoyed the solitude of a solo motorcycle ride.  I left the interstates and rode on secondary and tertiary roads 90 percent of the time, which I thoroughly enjoyed. 











Leg Distance: 2,145 mi (3,460 km)
Total Distance Traveled by Motorcycle: 50.868 mi (82.045 km)

Countries/Territories Visited: USA, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Uruguay, Canada, Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Gibraltar, France, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, San Marino, Slovenia, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine, Transnistria, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, China (for 20 seconds), India, Nepal, Burma (Myanmar), Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Timor-Leste. Australia, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment