Saturday, September 23, 2017

Bulgaria, Serbia and into Bosnia & Herzegovina

Rolled through former Yugoslavia.  It took three days to make the run from Bucharest to Sarajevo.  I spent one night in the capital City of Sofia, and another in the a small town in Serbia. Bulgaria and two-thirds of Serbia, although plush and green, are not that interesting, and if I were flying a plane, as opposed to Greta, I would have flown over them.   The western third of Serbia marks the start of the Zlatabor mountain range which transitions into the Bjelašnica in Bosnia, and the beginning of fun.  This run, the M5, caught me by surprise, it is one of the best I have had the pleasure to experience, and definitely the best I have rode in Eastern or Western Europe.

Greta posing in front of the Rzav River
Bosnia
Greta Made a Friend
Along the route, I came across a Canadian solo rider, first one I have run into from North America.  Nice guy.  We had lunch, discussed routes, and went our ways. 


Stage Distance: 583 mi (939 km)
Total Distance Traveled: 20,559 mi (33,032 km) 
Countries/Territories Visited: USA, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Uruguay, Canada, Portugal, Spain, MoroccoGibraltar, France, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, San Marino, Slovenia, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine, Transnistria, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina



No comments:

Post a Comment