Sunday, September 10, 2017

Odessa, Ukraine

Arrived into the City of Odessa.  It is a wonderful little City.  Has all the conveniences of the western world ... at one-third the price.  In my opinion, this is the most livable City that I have encountered on my trip.  Clean, walk-able, and nuzzled up against the Black Sea.  Has about everything to offer.  Most importantly, the people looked genuinely happy.  The only bizarre thing I encountered was that I was stared at pretty much wherever I went.  Not a quick glance, but a turn their head and track me where I went kind of stare.  Men or woman, didn't matter. I asked a local as to why they thought this was, and the answer was, "do they stare more when I have my sunglasses on or off"  Not knowing, I did a little test and took on and off my sunglasses periodically, and I'll be damned, they did only stare with the sunglasses off. The answer as to why, because I do not have the Ukrainian facial structure around my eyes, and when people noticed, they were staring to see if they could figure out as to why I was in their City. After this realization, I looked around, and yes, everyone looked alike.  No Asians, Africans, and thanks to Hitler, no Jews.  I think the staring was more out of curiosity than concern.



Stage Distance: 264mi (425km)
Total Distance Traveled: 19.231mi (30,873km)
Countries/Territories Visited: USA, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Uruguay, Canada, Portugal, Spain, MoroccoGibraltar, France, Monaco, Italy, Vatican City, San Marino. Slovenia, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine

No comments:

Post a Comment