Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Florence, Italy

Rolled into Florence a couple of days ago.  For many years I have thought of this City as my favorite city in the world.  After riding around the area, it still is as beautiful as I remember, and still number one in my personal rankings. Unfortunately, this is the high season, and downtown can be very crowded. The only real issue is the heat wave that we have been having here.  Last couple of days there have been record highs here in Florence, hitting temps as high as 108F (42.2C), making it difficult to wander around too much during the day.  So, I have been going down to the City late at night when only the bars, restaurants, and most importantly, the ice cream parlors are open.   The place is cooler and more or less empty of people at night. So a win-win for Ken.

Fake David


Real Church





Original Bridge
Soon I will head towards Southern Italy.  Heat is supposed to break soon, so all should be good.  

Stage Distance: 102mi (164m)
Total Distance Traveled: 16,745mi (27,007km)
Countries Visited: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment