Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Trip Issues - Transitioning the Middle East - Part 1

Well... I made a big decision recently, and it has to to do with getting from Istanbul to New Delhi.  The distance is approximately 4,000-6,000 miles.  If I go the most direct path, I will need to transition both Iran and Pakistan.  If I take the northern route, I have Russia, China, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Tibet, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Tibet, Nepal and the disputed region of Kashmir in my path, not to mention winter. The number of countries is not daunting, but it is a different story when factoring in visa requirements, and of course Kasmir.  I think the best path is going to be through Iran and Pakistan, just two visas.  I have already made contact with a biker club in Pakistan, and they said they would help with strategy on how to successfully make it though.  I have not found a club in Iran to help, but I have just started this process, so there is time left.  The big thing the Pakistani club mentioned is not to blog my way through, as it will announce my position to those who dislike westerners, which I thought was very wise information.  So I will have to go dark for a month or two as I make my way though.


2 comments: