Sunday, July 16, 2017

Entry 10: Marrakesh, Morocco

I have made my way from Casablanca to Marrakesh.  The ride out was uneventful.  The roads are typical interstate construction with the same quality one would find in the Western World, with of the exception of the picture below.

Goats on a Plain
Rolling into town, I passed enormous car dealerships to include; Mercedes, Toyota, Nissan, and BMW and I came to the very quick realization that this City has some money. As I came into the center the of town, I came across a very large wall which encapsulates the old city or "Medina."  The GPS brought the bike and I in, and the world just changed,  The old section is comprised of old narrow passageways that are twisting, turning and dead ending without notice.  Life in the medina is very different than life outside.  Inside is still very old school in terms of architecture, dress and way of life.  Outside is very much the modern world.  This is some overlap between the lifestyles of the two, but I have never seen such a clean divide as I have in Marrakesh.  A very cool place indeed.



After my stay in Marrakesh, I will be heading down to Essasouria.

Stage Distance: 149 mi
Total Trip Distance: 2,034 mi
Total Odometer Distance: 3,097 mi
Countries Visited (Leg 2): USA, Canada, Portugal, Spain, Morocco
Leg 1:  https://dualsportamericas.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment