Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Entry 9: Casablanca, Morocco

I am in the middle of my stay in Casablanca.  I rented an AirBnB.  The rental includes the entire 4 bedroom house, plus secured parking, for just $25 a night. Nice house, near the beach, and walking distance to commerce centers.  Morocco is a definitely an inexpensive place to live.  After talking with some of the locals, they are concerned that tourism is way off, and it is clearly bothering them as they have allot of national pride.  Well Morocco, you have my recommendation as a nice place to visit, maybe not my first choice, but if in the area, please do stop by.

Morocco is another country where you can buy drugs without a prescription. I stopped by the pharmacy this morning and picked up some antibiotics to have on hand during my journeys.  I bought two z-packs (azithromycin) and a pack of erythromycin for about $25.  Never find those prices in the US.  For giggles, I asked about my other meds, and they have them on stock for about 28% of what they would cost at home.  To put that in perspective, I could fly here, with a friend, stay at 5-star resort for two weeks, pick up my drugs (name brand, in lieu of generic), fly back to the US, and still save money.  The most ridiculous part, my drugs are made in the US.  Something is not right about that.

Trip to Date
Cruised along the shoreline and came across this monstrosity. It is the Hassan II mosque and it is an absolutely gorgeous building.   The spire reaches almost 70 stories, making it the tallest mosque in the world.  The mosque itself is skinned completely of marble, it is quite a structure.

70 Story Spire, Tallest Mosque in the World

Stage Distance: 0 mi
Total Trip Distance: 1,885 mi
Total Odometer Distance: 2,898 mi
Countries Visited (Leg 2): USA, Canada, Portugal, Spain, Morocco
Leg 1:  https://dualsportamericas.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment