Sunday, July 2, 2017

Entry 8: Casablanca, Morocco

Made my way down the coast to Casablanca, namesake of one of my favorite films.  For kicks, I Googled to see if there was a Rick's Cafe in town, and not to my surprise, there was. The only surprising feature of the place was that it came in to existence in 2004, more than 60 years after the film came out.  I went to dinner there the other night, which was quite enjoyable with the Moroccan architecture and the piano player playing "As Time Goes by." The restaurant is located in the old Medina (Arabic for village), and after dinner I wandered around the tight little streets with neat little shops for a couple of hours. They had everything for sale there, from livestock to Nike's with the swoosh on backwards. The Medina is not a tourist attraction, it is a real little village with all locals, and, apparently me.  I was curious as to how I would be received, and it was quickly revealed that it would be quite well.  The locals, as everywhere I have been in this country, were very nice and helpful.   





Stage Distance: 202 mi
Total Trip Distance: 1,885 mi
Total Odometer Distance: 2,824 mi
Countries Visited (Leg 2): USA, Canada, Portugal, Spain, Morocco
Leg 1:  https://dualsportamericas.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment